16.2.11

Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies


I think not having the correct measuring cups messed me up this time. I can't figure out what I did wrong. They just didn't taste right. Anyway here's what I think.

These are supposed to be chocolate chip cookies with oreos in the inside. I wanted to try it because I thought it would be a fun idea and we had an open container of left over oreos. I didn't feel like making plain chocolate chip cookies.

You just make a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and then take a glob of dough and put some on the bottom and on the top of the oreo cookie and then pinch the sides together to seal them up and then throw them in the oven. BUT!

I think wrapping the oreos in the cookie dough before the chocolate chips are added would be the best way to go about it. When doing the first batch I ended up packing on too much dough and I spent way to much time picking choco chips out of my way. If there are a bunch on the bottom of the cookie it just doesn't sit evenly on the tray. Adding the chocolate chips onto the cookie after you wrap them would probably be best.

Next time I want to use double stuffed oreos. To me the cream on the inside of the oreo is the best part and I feel like you don't get the full effect using the regular ones. If you want a smaller treat you could use mini oreos.

I ran into a few problems with this one and was kind of disappointed but now I know what to do next time. I bet they taste great otherwise, but they didn't yesterday...

* edit// Everyone that tried them told me they liked them/they tasted fine. Hrm :/

No comments: